Why not get your work looked over before submission? As a published author I can provide valuable feedback on your writing. My critique includes:
- Assessment of storyline, characters and your author voice.
- Advice on grammar and punctuation. (A full proof read with marked up manuscript is available as a separate package.)
- Help with presentation and layout.
- Suggestions on how to edit your work to the right length.
- Areas to work on, and most importantly, your strengths!
- Free appraisal of your submission package, if applicable.
I specialise in picture books and young fiction as that is the area I’m published in, but I’m happy to look at any writing for children up to young adult. Just choose your rate and email your manuscript to lou dot treleaven at sky dot com.
“Your ideas are very good and the critique is very detailed and ‘hands on’, so I learnt a lot.” AK
“Really helpful advice and thorough feedback.” RB
“Much more detailed than I was expecting and very constructive… I will certainly be using your service in future.” KS
“Your advice is invaluable.” CT
“Happy I contacted you. Great advice.” JG
Critique rates 2017
£25 for up to 1000 words (great for picture books – and if your picture books are under 500 words this will cover two of them)
£35 for up to 2000 words
then £5 per 1000 words after that.
Plus free synopsis and cover letter critique with each manuscript!
* New proof reading service *
If you don’t need a critique but just want your manuscript checked for typos or errors in grammar or punctuation, I can proof read it for £5 per 1000 words.
In addition, you can return a previously critiqued manuscript for 50% off the stated price.
Payment should be via paypal to lou dot treleaven at sky dot com or bank transfer (please email me for details). Once I have received both your payment and manuscript I will aim to complete the critique within 2 weeks. If you have any questions please do email me, I would love to help.