Probably the most important thing you can do this year to increase your chances of success – apart from writing your brilliant book, of course – is to boost your web profile. If you’re looking for inspiration, why not try:
- tweeting or facebooking as your book character
- tweeting or facebooking as your villain!
- blogging a serial
- creating a collaborative blog with other writers
- creating a magazine-style publishing blog
- tweeting micro-fiction
- creating an interactive story
All these ideas are discussed in detail in my article Get Creative with Social Media in Writing Magazine, February 2013 (available in the UK in WH Smith). Plus ten tips for getting creative, and a step-by-step guide on using WordPress to create an interactive story, just like I did.