It’s a bit late in the year, I know, but I’ve finally completed updating my list of UK children’s literary agents. And the good news is that it’s not doom and gloom: more agencies are accepting email submissions, more are accepting picture books and some even have a few more authors on their lists than they did last year. Were some of them us? If not, maybe they will be this time next year!
Other changes of note:
- Darley Anderson now has a dedicated children’s agency with 9 authors.
- Curtis Brown has gone all Star Trek with a fancy electronic submissions ‘portal’ (see my interview with children’s agent Stephanie Thwaites).
- The Greenhouse has lost Julia Churchill to AM Heath but gained new agent John Cusick.
- AM Heath has gone paperless and has a special submissions form, if your eyes can cope with the tiny grey text.
- Andrew Mann has a new website but I suspect it is still being worked on as several links were broken.
Remember the golden rules of following any submission instructions to the letter, being ultra-professional and only submitting your very best work. Good luck.